Prep Time: 20 Total Time: 20 Refrigerate: Time: 60 Cook Time: 0 Yield: 3-4
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 small summer squash, diced
- 1 small carrot, grated or minced
- 1 cup spinach leaves, rolled together tightly and very thinly sliced (chiffonade technique)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: slivered toasted almonds
① Toss prepared vegetables together in a glass or ceramic bowl .
② In a small bowl with the lemon juice, drizzle olive oil while whisking, to emulsify the liquids. Ad to vegetables; cover and refrigerate for an hour.
③ Ad cooked, cooled rice; ad salt and pepper to taste.
To toast almonds, put them in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring and turning constantly, just until lightly browned and aromatic.
⑤ Top with toasted almonds.
⑥ Refrigerate until serving time.